Thursday, June 6, 2013

Jun 06, 2013 - Packed & Ready to Tour

This will just be a quick update, Red Girl's all packed up and ready to go on our summer tour and I'm thinking this coming Saturday will be departure time. Per my usual routine I'm not sure which way to go and probably won't until I actually get on the road.  
Red Girl Loaded & Ready to Tour 2013

Alaska is nice this time of year but truthfully I'm not too excited about going there, at least not on Red Girl. All that shiny pretty red paint riding on those nasty AK roads...eww, I don't think so, I've already donated two bikes to that cause and they both look the part. 

I may head to Canada and then turn east for another run to Nova Scotia, maybe even Newfoundland...Labrador? I suppose that would depend on what the weather's like; last time I went to Nova Scotia it turned really nasty and I had to make a run south to get away from it. Still the ride across Canada is beautiful in many spots and well worth seeing again.

Or, I could head south and then ride east towards Florida, maybe do Key West again. When I was there a couple of years ago I recall wishing I'd brought my camping gear so I could stay in some of the parks along the way. Per that I decided last night to include at least the basics this time, tent, sleeping bag, just enough stuff to make an overnight outdoors a comfortable option. I'm not taking cooking gear as the bike's already hauling enough and I don't want the added weight. Besides, I like doing meals at the Golden Arches...all that fat...yum!

The list of things to do before I leave is very short, check the air pressure in the tires, maybe have a look at the dip-stick to see if there's any oil left, that kind of thing. I love that Red Girl's a shaft drive machine and I don't have to oil any chains.

Ah, just thought of one last thing not on my list...still need to load my latest and greatest road music onto the Garmin GPS. 
I'm Back in the Saddle Again...! Yeehaaaaa!

So maybe I'll see you on the road?

LL

No comments:

Post a Comment